Fail to plan — plan to fail
True in life. True in a healthy eating lifestyle. When illness, work or when life in general hits full speed it’s so easy to find yourself too overwhelmed and shoving not so healthy food down your gob! Having nourishing food on hand makes a healthy lifestyle so much more possible.
These scrumptious little muffs are perfect to have in the fridge on hand. They freeze great too. They are great warm or cold anytime of the day! I make them in mini little cake pans, but you can make whatever size you like and adjust cooking time accordingly.
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup coconut yogurt or sour cream.
- 2 – 3 bacon rashers (150grams approx)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup blanched almond meal
- 1tsp baking flour
- A whole bunch of herbs. I grab whatever is in garden. I used basil, parsley, dill & spinach. Roughly half a cup when chopped.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan (you can make as cheesey as you like) Dairy free option you can just use Nutritional yeast flakes. I used half Parmesan half yeast flakes.
- garlic powder
Preheat oven 180°
Whisk egg, yogurt together. Mix In zucchini, herbs, Parmesan, Nutritional yeast and bacon.
In separate bowl mix well with fork or whisk and combine baking powder, almond meal, salt and garlic powder. Fold in the wet ingredient mix. Pour into well greased tins. For mini muffins Cook 20-25 min for larger muffins cook 30-35 mins.
Delicious served with tomato chutney or as in above photo I have served with A homemade basil pesto & avocado mash. YUM! Or just grab a few & pop in your mouth when you’re running late out the door.