GrainFree – DairyFree option – Refined SugarFree
Mum & Dad came for dinner last night. I wanted to make a dessert that everyone would enjoy not just those on restricted eating. Well when I taste tested this before dinner…. I did a little happy dance in my pantry! My Dad has a sweet tooth and I’m pleased to say it was a hit even with him! I cannot wait to make this again. I’ll definitely make a double batch and freeze one.
- 2 Cups Blanched Almond Meal
- 1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1 tbs vanilla
- pinch salt
- 5 tbs your choice melted Butter/ghee/coconut oil (enough moisture so that it holds firm when pressed in tin)
- 4 Cups (500-600grams) Frozen or fresh Berries
- 2 tablespoons of Stevia granules or drops or Glycerite (An even healthier version of Stevia…google it)
- 4 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs water
- 1 Cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1 (or more if you like) tbs honey or maple syrup
- pinch salt
- 2 tbs (you pick) butter/ghee/coconut oil
Preheat oven 180°
Stew berries, water, vanilla, stevia – boiling for 15 min… no longer! I just threw in thermomix. Pour into bowl and stir through Chia seeds to thicken. Cool down in fridge to help thicken.
Mix together all base ingredients, press into slice tray. Cook in oven 15min. 180°
While base in the oven make topping. Chop dry ingredients. I put walnuts, coconut and almond meal in thermomix on speed 5 for few seconds…. until desired size for you crumb topping ( medium chunky I say). Melt honey, vanilla,butter together. Pour over chopped dry ingredients, mix together.
Wait 15 – 20 min after taking base out of oven before assembling slice.
Pour berry mixture over base and then sprinkle crumb topping on top put back in oven 180° for 15 min… keep an eye on it. Might like to cover if the top is browning too quick (coconut will do that).
Now try and stop at once slice! I dare you! Delicious served with coconut cream!