At our house one of our most favourite things to do is sit on our verandah at sunset with yummy nibbleys. Now eating dip and pate without crackers is just not ok. We all know how hard it is to find grain-free crackers and we also know how crazy expensive they are!! And these are actually crunchy! So here you go… no need to go without anymore!
1 cup almond meal/flour
¼ cup arrowroot flour
¼ cup coconut flour
3 egg whites
2 tps sesame seeds black and white,
2 tps poppy seeds
salt (not too much)
Preheat oven to 180
- Mix seeds and salt together in a small bowl.
- Mix together cracker ingredients to form a dough. I sometimes chuck all into Thermomix or mix by hand in bowl.
- Pour dough onto baking paper, cover with another piece of backing paper and roll until very thin.
- Sprinkle garlic powder over dough.
- Lightly score the crackers into whatever cracker size you want.
- Sprinkle seeds and press down. (I lightly roll the rolling pin over the seeds. Careful not to remove your scoring)
- Bake 12 min. ( I find the outer edges cook quickest. So I remove them as they cook) Keep an eye on it… you’ll work out what works for you. Near the end you might want to break up into crackers and cook remaining few min separated.
- Store in airtight jar. I store in glass canister in the fridge. They stay super yum and crunchy!!!
- Sit on verandah with your lover at sunset and eat crackers with fresh made Pate and wine!